Crytek is looking for a Senior Game Programmer to support our HUNT team in our Frankfurt, Germany based studio.
- Work with existing engine code base to develop and enhance game play. This includes player / world interaction, AI strategies and rules, game play, etc.
- Develop game code and extend AI code for a high profile game.
- Develop well designed software within project schedule to team standards.
- Document source code.
- Create immersive and compelling gameplay experiences.
- Debug and optimize NextGen Console and PC performance.
- Specify and contribute to testing procedures.
- Shows a strong passion for making the highest quality state of the art games.
- Continue to enhance programming and communications skills.
- Actively participate in team working on project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Provide input to department project status meetings.
- Coordinate with other studio groups including art, design and production to achieve project objectives.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Good communication and writing skills and create documentation where required.
- Mentor Junior/Regular Programmers
- 5+ years of experience as programmer in games industry
- Worked on at least one shipped product on either console or PC from beginning to end.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate the creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
- Adopt existing development processes and look for improvements.
- Previous experience in a combat, melee or shooter based game a definite plus.
- Passion for making games.
- Excellent understanding of C++ in a games development environment.
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with state-of-the-art game development tools and methods.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Experience with network profiling and optimization a definite plus
- Experience with any game engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, a similar degree or comparable experience
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment....and many more!
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher, and technology provider dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming with its cutting-edge 3D game development solution CRYENGINE. With headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and studios in Kiev (Ukraine), and Istanbul (Turkey), Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome, Warface, The Climb, Robinson: The Journey and Hunt: Showdown. Crytek delivers fun and innovative gaming experiences for PC, consoles, and VR and continues to grow its reach in the games-as-a-service market. Every Crytek game is created with CRYENGINE, which can be used by anyone to create games on a Pay What You Want business model.